With my honest opinion, I do believe that we can unlock the secrets the prophecies written, if we ask God. James 1:5 Revelation was written not scare us, but to prove to us that the prophecies written will come to pass.
It was written to prove that God Almighty is serious with his dealing with mankind. Revelation was written to warn the people into coming events that will take place, if we don’t have the Lord Jesus Christ in our life. Glory to God!
A lot of points in here, so I will try and respond briefly to several of them.
- I do believe we can uave some understanding of the prophecies, but not all. Why do I say that? THere are four different key viewpoints on how to read Revelation – this tells me we have a ways to go to have sure understanding. As well we’re told in the book of Matthew that we won’t know the day or hour when the end times will come and I see that as essential to having the full understanding we desire.
- I think revelation was written to prove the prophecies will come to pass, but more so it was written to encourage the persecuted church.
- Much more could be said, and it would be a great conversation …. but your ending of Glory to God says it all when we disagree. Our goal is to give glory to God!
What are the plagues that will be given to those who change the word?
This is a reference for Revelation 22:18. There is a question of what is meant by the verse. Some will argue that it refers to the whole of scripture and thus all the plagues in the Old Testament could be included. The other view, the one I am more partial too, is it refers to the book of Revelation. In which case the plagues could be some of the following:
- So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. Rev 2:22
- Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.” Rev 16:1
- But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
In particular the second passage, Rev 16:1 is a chapter that indentifies what we would call plagues especially when compared to the Old Testament.